Bridgeport, Greenwich and Stamford Motor Vehicle and DUI/DWI Attorneys

At Young & Riccio, we have been practicing in the area of criminal defense for more than 30 years. All of our experienced attorneys understand how to effectively address your legal concerns. Contact our Bridgeport motor vehicle and DUI/DWI lawyers by calling 203-367-0054 or 203-625-8180.

If You Have Been Charged With a Motor Vehicle Offense

When the consequences can include potential incarceration, loss of driving privileges and fines, it is imperative that you have an attorney to defend you. Some of the charges we address include:

  • Speeding ticket
  • Reckless driving
  • Negligent homicide
  • Manslaughter with a motor vehicle
  • Misconduct of motor vehicle
  • Operating under suspension
  • Driving with suspended license
  • Road rage
  • Assault with a motor vehicle

Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol (DUI/DWI)

If you drive a car in Connecticut with a BAC of .08 percent (or .02 percent if under 21) you are considered to be driving under the influence of alcohol. If you were charged with a DWI/DUI, you need an attorney on your side. A DUI/DWI is an offense that is handled in a two-part proceeding. The first part is a criminal prosecution in court and the second part is an administrative hearing at the Department of Motor Vehicles. Our law firm handles both parts.

The consequences of a DUI/ DWI can include: a suspended license, revocation of driving privileges, fines, probation and even jail time. In addition to the administrative and criminal sanctions the charge can result in collateral affects such as: loss of employment and an effect on educational opportunities.

Diversionary Programs

First time offenders with no prior offenses may be eligible for a diversionary program. If the judge approves the offender for the program, the court may ultimately dismiss the charge provided the offender completes an educational series of classes.

Contact Our Norwalk Drunk Driving Defense Lawyers

Contact our law firm online for a free initial consultation or by calling 203-367-0054 or 203-625-8180.